Welcome back to our office! We are happy to have booked you an appointment and are looking forward to seeing you again. As you may have guessed there will be a lot of changes to how we conduct eyecare. We have implemented many changes in the clinic, and continued our diligence in infection control such as:
- Taking STRICT entry procedures, and a high level cleaning and PPE protocol.
- All touched surfaces (seating, point of sale terminal, equipment, etc.) will be treated with hospital grade disinfectant after every patient.
- All glasses that have been tried on will be removed and sanitized.
- All workers must self declare their health status and report any COVID19 exposure.
- Eye, face, and nose protection will be worn by all personnel when physical distancing of 2m is breached.
- Sneeze guards and breathe shields installed in the office and clinical areas.
- 97% HEPA + UV-C air filtration in pretesting and examination rooms.
- Widely spaced appointments to minimize patients in clinic area.
- Free shipping for almost all orders of contact lenses and glasses.
We understand that these measures can be stressful. But we need to be responsible for the health and safety of everyone in our circle and our community, and to give you trust that you will be entering a clean and safe environment.
Please note new booking procedures for all coming appointments:
- BE ON TIME. To enhance social distancing, we are only booking around 2 patients per hour and we need all the patients to show up and be on time. We cancelled 3 months of patients and are trying to get everyone seen. We NEED confirmation of your appointment. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours of our text/email confirmation, your appointment may be given to another patient. Please contact us if you need to reschedule. There will be no cancellation fee if changes are made >24hrs in advance. Please note that if you are more than 15mins late for the exam, we will need to reschedule your appointment. Please note that the rescheduling/cancellation fee is $60 per patient.
- DO WEAR A MASK. As mandated by the College of Optometrists, all patients over 2 years of age are required to wear a mask. Examples are KN95, N95, surgical, and medical masks. Please note that scarves, balaclava, ski masks, and neck tubes are not considered masks. If you require a mask, we have some available for $2.00 (all net proceeds will be donated to Sick Kids Hospital). If you are unable to do so, please let us know and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment to a later date when the requirement is lifted. Cancellation/rescheduling fees will apply.
- DO NOT COME if you or SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD have the following: fever >37.8C, sneezing, coughing, sore throat, tested COVID-19 positive, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, shortness of breath, recent smell/taste disorder, travelled outside Canada within 14 days. You will be asked to sign a health declaration form, and your temperature may be taken.
- DO NOT COME if you have pink eye, as pink eye is medically considered a symptom of COVID19. Please call/email us and we will need to do a virtual screening to determine the next steps.
- LIMITATION OF ENTOURAGE to 1 parent/support person/substitute decision maker per patient inside the clinic.
- CALL YOUR HEALTH BENEFITS PROVIDER to understand your coverage before coming in to minimize in-office wait times. It is advisable to provide us with your plan/member# a few days before your appointment so we can get the process started.
- DO USE hand sanitizer provided upon entry.
- REFRAIN from cash payments.
- PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US as we try our very best to provide you with a safe and clean environment. To sanitize surfaces, there is a minimum contact time of the cleaning agent. Please be understanding as the staff go through the process.
Your patience in the is process is very much appreciated. We are confident that we will keep delivering exceptional patient care while keeping our Patients and our community safe. Thank you again and see you soon!
Staff and Doctors at Oculus Eyecare